When you are ready to recertify
There are 3 possible ways to recertify.
- You have all your credits on file in the database and want to pay online.
- You need to submit CE’s and want to Upload and pay online.
- You want to submit manually with a check or credit card payment by either email or mail. Recertification cannot be submitted via fax.
1. ASATT Members who have all their CE’s on file in the database, and would like to pay with a credit card.
- Login and go to the Membership tab and click on Profile.
- Once in your profile, scroll down to your certification information, if you have all your CE’s on file and are due to recertify, you’ll see a button You can recertify today and a button with the recertification fee. Click on that
- Enter your credit card information, and hit submit. You’ll get a thank you for recertifying screen, and the payment receipt will be emailed along with a recertification letter.
*Even if you have all your CE’s on file you still need to go through the recertification process.
2. Recertify online. Need to submit CE’s (upload). *Do Not do part of the process. If you will not be uploading documents, do not pay online. Submit payment and documentation together by mail, or email.*Recertification cannot be submitted via fax.
Click Here for screen shots of process.
For members to get the member rate please make sure your membership is current. Paying for membership should have been done ahead of time and cannot be done at the time you are recertifying. For non-members recertifying online, during the recertification period you have been granted access to log into the ASATT website to submit. When logging in use your email address for the user ID and then click I forgot my password and a temporary password will be emailed to you.
- Login in to the Recertification page http://www.asatt.org/certification/recertification-form
- Once logged in your contact information will populate the form. Make sure all required cells are filled.
- Scroll down to the program details section and enter CE’s. Make sure to list the date the CE’s were earned , the name of the CE or Program, Click if a certificate was issued or other documentation, list the number of CE’s earned and upload supporting certificates or documents. Click “Add Another” for each entry.
- Once you are done entering CE’s click “Submit Request”
- That will take you to the credit card payment form. After entering the credit card information click “Continue to Pay Online”.
- If payment was successful you’ll receive a confirmation screen that payment was received and your submission has been sent to the Recertification Committee for review. (This does not mean you have been approved only that its under review)
- Once approved by the Recertification Committee the database will be updated and a recertification letter will be sent.
*Once you start the online submission please complete, you will not be able to go back in. Also only use online submission if paying with a credit card.
- Print the recertification application form and proceed to completely fill out the application. Credit Card form if you would like to pay with a credit card
- Members Login and print off your recertification information. Go to the Membership tab and click on Profile, print ASATT profile. You must submit a copy of your information regardless of whether or not you have earned CE’s through ASATT sponsored events. Non-Members Submit form with proof of CE's
- Enclose the recertification application form, a copy of your recertification information from the database, proof of the remaining CE’s (if you don’t have the required 20 or 30 CE’s on the database), and correct payment for recertification. If you are mailing your packet after December 31st, be sure to include the late payment fee.
ASATT REFRESHER/ADVANCEMENT/PROVISIONAL RECERTIFICATION PROGRAM STANDARDS
There are three methods by which certification can be re-established or advanced:
Click Here for REFRESHER/ADVANCEMENT/PROVISIONAL RECERTIFICATION PROGRAM STANDARDS
The Refresher Program is offered to certified anesthesia technologists who have not been substantially engaged in the practice of anesthesia technology for more than 2 years and must update their skills and knowledge of current clinical and theoretical practice in anesthesia technology in order to meet the established standards of practice and to apply for recertification through examination.
The Advancement Program is designed for the certified anesthesia technician who requires additional knowledge and skills in clinical practice in order to meet the established standards of practice of a certified anesthesia technologist.
Provisional Recertification may be granted for the previously certified anesthesia technologist/technician whose certification was allowed to lapse due to late or insufficient CE credits beyond the December 31st re-certification deadline.
Sensor’s Online Quiz
Click here to take a quiz! cost: $10.00 for members and $20.00 for non-members per quiz
The Growing Profession of Anesthesia Technology
Why consider an Anesthesia Technology Program?
As a growing allied health profession, the Anesthesia Technology profession specifically focuses on fundamental and advanced clinical procedures, which assist the anesthesia provider in the safe and efficient care of patients receiving anesthesia. Working under the direction of the anesthesia provider, the Anesthesia Technologist is a vital member of the anesthesia care team. They are proficient in the acquisition, preparation, and application of various types of equipment required for the delivery of anesthesia care. Technologists are trained to anticipate the needs of the patient and the provider, according to the surgical requirements, procedure or circumstance. Click to read full article.