Jason Menchey, Cer.A.T.
Hello from region 5,
As everyone has seen and heard, the National Conference is coming up quickly! October 22-24, 2019 in Orlando, Florida. The EARLY BIRD special has been extended to September 27, 2019, so go get your tickets now before they go up. Orlando is coming up quickly, start looking for you vacation plans. Education conference will be held Tuesday through Thursday, so if you can take the weekend before and after and bring the family. Things to do in Orlando. Click the link and see what you can do on your free time.
IT IS TIME TO RECERTIFY AGAIN!!!!
When you are ready to recertify
ASATT Members who have all their CE’s on file in the database, and would like to pay with a credit card can do so online starting November 1st.
- Login and go to the Membership tab and click on Profile.
- Once in your profile, scroll down to your certification information, if you have all your CE’s on file and are due to recertify, you will see a button You can recertify today and a button with the recertification fee. Click on that
- Enter your credit card information, and hit submit. You will get a thank you for recertifying screen, and the payment receipt will be emailed along with a recertification letter.
*Even if you have all your CE’s on file. you still need to go through the recertification process.
For members to get the member rate please make sure your membership is current. Paying for membership should have been done ahead of time and cannot be done at the time you are recertifying. For non-members recertifying online, during the recertification period you have been granted access to log into the ASATT website to submit. When logging in use your email address for the user ID and then click I forgot my password and a temporary password will be emailed to you.
- Login in to the Recertification page.
- Once logged in your contact information will populate the form. Make sure all required cells are filled.
- Scroll down to the program details section and enter CE’s. Make sure to list the date the CE’s were earned , the name of the CE or Program, Click if a certificate was issued or other documentation, list the number of CE’s earned and upload supporting certificates or documents. Click “Add Another” for each entry.
- Once you are done entering CE’s click “Submit Request”
- That will take you to the credit card payment form. After entering the credit card information, click “Continue to Pay Online”.
- If payment was successful, you will receive a confirmation screen that payment was received and your submission has been sent to the Recertification Committee for review. (This does not mean you have been approved only that its under review)
- Once approved by the Recertification Committee the database will be updated and a recertification letter will be sent.
*Once you start the online submission please complete, you will not be able to go back in. Also only use online submission if paying with a credit card.
If submitting recertification with a check or by mail. No Faxes for recertification will be accepted.
- Print the recertification application form and proceed to completely fill out the application. Credit Card form if you would like to pay with a credit card
- Members Login and print off your recertification information. Go to the Membership tab and click on Profile, print ASATT profile. You must submit a copy of your information regardless of whether or not you have earned CE’s through ASATT sponsored events. Non-Members Submit form with proof of CE's
- Enclose the recertification application form, a copy of your recertification information from the database, proof of the remaining CE’s (if you do not have the required 20 or 30 CE’s on the database), and correct payment for recertification. If you are mailing your packet after December 31st, be sure to include the late payment fee.
Just in time for recertification, we will have a Region 5 Meeting in San Antonio, Texas on December 7th. Finalizing the last of the details and getting enough speakers to make this last pull for your CE’s worth it. Looking to get at least 8 CE’s, and great mixture of speakers and information. Information will be up on the website soon.
Lastly, I am going to be your Region 5 Director for two more years. I will help anyway possible to make getting CE’s easier for you! If anyone is interested in earning FREE CE’s, contact me and I will help you setup a regional meeting and if you would like to present a topic you will get and extra CE. I am hoping to have at least four meetings this next year! It will be a little bit of work for you, like pick a date, get a place to have the meeting, get speakers to volunteer their time and speak to your vendors. Set up what you think what people will want for snacks, breakfast, or lunch. ASATT will pay for everything, you will pay for NOTHING.
Jason Menchey Cer.A.T.
Region 5 Director