Jonnalee Geddis, Cert.A.T.
Jonnalee Geddis, Cer.A.T.
Hello Region 1,
Happy Summer everyone! Now that the Graduations are over with, let’s have some fun. Kick off your sandals, sneakers or flip flops and play in the sand. Enjoy your summer, however I am still looking for volunteers to host a summer meeting. If you want more information on how to host a Region 1 Meeting, send me an email and we can start planning your meeting. It does not need to be this summer, it can be a fall meeting, which are always a success as people are realizing that recertification time is getting closer. I would love to get at least one more if not two or three meetings in before the end of the year. The only week that I cannot do a meeting is in October, as I will be at ASATT’s Annual Educational Conference in Orlando. It is just that one week, so I will have the rest of the month open. Send me an email or call me and we can start the process now to get the meeting’s set up. I do a good share of the work, don’t get me wrong. You will have to do some of the work, like pick a date, get a place to have the meeting, get speakers to volunteer their time and speak to your vendors.
I just received an email saying that there is a potential for a winter meeting until further notice that is all I can say; however, I can tell you that EVERYONE will be very excited for this meeting. As soon as I get the ok to spread the word, I will be putting it in the Web Report, hopefully next month.
2019 ASATT Annual Conference
October 22-24, 2019
Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive
Check out the agenda from our home page
Don’t miss out on a lot of fun at the parks and the meetings. We will keep your day full of fun facts and information that you can take back to your places of employment. You will also get to meet a lot of new friends. The networking that is done at the National Meetings is beyond what you would expect. I have received some great ideas, opened doors and met some very dear friends just by introducing your self to some Anesthesia Techs from around the world and from other areas of the United States. There is no limit to what we can do with our education whether it be at our current job or even open doors of opportunity for you. I read a quote once and the author is unknown but just think about this for a minute…. “If a door shuts in front of you stop banging on it. Whatever was behind it was not meant for you. Consider the fact that maybe that door closed because you were worth so much more.”
It is never too early to start earning CE’s for recertification and by hosting a meeting or volunteering to lecture at a meeting can earn you CE’s your options are unlimited. There are numerous websites that offer CE’s you just have to be VERY cautious as to whether they will be accepted by ASATT for recertification. If it says “ASATT Approved” then you do not need to worry. For ASATT Members ASATT will keep track of your ASATT Sponsored CE’s (National and Regional meetings, Sensor Quizzes) for you. Just go onto the website and check your profile and you will see how many CE’s you need.
Come November 1St When you are ready to recertify
There are 3 possible ways to recertify.
- You have all your credits on file in the database and want to pay online.
- You need to submit CE’s and want to Upload and pay online.
- You want to submit manually with a check or credit card payment by either email or mail. Recertification cannot be submitted via fax.
1. ASATT Members who have all their CE’s on file in the database and would like to pay with a credit card.
- Login and go to the Membership tab and click on Profile.
- Once in your profile, scroll down to your certification information, if you have all your CE’s on file and are due to recertify, you’ll see a button You can recertify today and a button with the recertification fee. Click on that
- Enter your credit card information and hit submit. You’ll get a thank you for recertifying screen, and the payment receipt will be emailed along with a recertification letter.
*Even if you have all your CE’s on file you still need to go through the recertification process.
2. Recertify online. Need to submit CE’s (upload). *Do Not do part of the process. If you will not be uploading documents, do not pay online. Submit payment and documentation together by mail, or email. *Recertification cannot be submitted via fax.
If you want to see how to proceed go to the home page and you will see where it says, click here for screen shots of the process.
For members to get the member rate please make sure your membership is current. Paying for membership should have been done ahead of time and cannot be done at the time you are recertifying. For non-members recertifying online, during the recertification period you have been granted access to log into the ASATT website to submit. When logging in use your email address for the user ID and then click I forgot my password and a temporary password will be emailed to you.
- Login in to the Recertification page: Page will be available November 1, 2019
- Once logged in your contact information will populate the form. Make sure all required cells are filled.
- Scroll down to the program details section and enter CE’s. Make sure to list the date the CE’s were earned, the name of the CE or Program, Click if a certificate was issued or other documentation, list the number of CE’s earned and upload supporting certificates or documents. Click “Add Another” for each entry.
- Once you are done entering CE’s click “Submit Request”
- That will take you to the credit card payment form. After entering the credit card information click “Continue to Pay Online”.
- If payment was successful you’ll receive a confirmation screen that payment was received and your submission has been sent to the Recertification Committee for review. (This does not mean you have been approved only that its under review)
- Once approved by the Recertification Committee the database will be updated and a recertification letter will be sent.
*Once you start the online submission please complete, you will not be able to go back in. Also only use online submission if paying with a credit card.
- Print the recertification application form and proceed to completely fill out the application. Credit Card form if you would like to pay with a credit card
- Members Login and print off your recertification information. Go to the Membership tab and click on Profile, print ASATT profile. You must submit a copy of your information regardless of whether or not you have earned CE’s through ASATT sponsored events. Non-Members Submit form with proof of CE's
- Enclose the recertification application form, a copy of your recertification information from the database, proof of the remaining CE’s (if you don’t have the required 20 or 30 CE’s on the database), and correct payment for recertification. If you are mailing your packet after December 31st, be sure to include the late payment fee.
For those who are due to recertify this year, the recertification period will begin November 1st, and we will be sending out an email reminder with instructions on recertifying. As in the past, if you have all your CE’s on file in the database you will be able to recertify online by logging into the website and going to your member profile. You will only be able to log into the site if your membership is active. So if your membership has expired and you want to recertify at the member rate make sure to renew your membership by the end of October. For those who have to submit CE’s with your recertification the preferred method will be to upload your documents online. By choosing this method you will also be able to pay online as well. Also note starting this year we will not be accepting recertification applications via fax.
Once again, we’ll be sending out the recertification reminder the beginning of November. It will have the detailed instructions for submitting your recertification information. This information will also be listed on the ASATT website. There will be no membership renewals or joins during the months of November or December, so make sure if your membership has expired to renew by the end of October.
I hope you all had a chance to submit your nomination forms for Board of Director positions that were available. Then we also had the Regional Educational Awards that were due on the first of July for someone who has gone above and beyond for educating Anesthesia Technicians in their Region. If so, thank you in advance for doing so.
I hope you enjoy all enjoy the rest of the summer with your toes in the sand and a cold beverage of your choice in your hand. I hope to have some exciting news for you in the August Web Report. Check back next month
Jonnalee Geddis, Cer.A.T.
Region 1 Director