ASATT Recertification Information
In our effort to cut cost on printing and postage, individuals who are due to recertify this year will receive a postcard indicating that it is time to renew-these will be mailed out the middle of November. There will be a short list of instructions for the applicants to complete.
To help eliminate issues when recertifying please review the following:
When you are ready to recertify
ASATT Members who have all their CE’s on file in the database, and would like to pay with a credit card can do so online starting November 1st.
- Login and go to the Membership tab and click on Profile
- Once in your profile scroll down to your certification information, if you have all your CE’s on file and are due to recertify, you’ll see a button You can recertify today and a button with the recertification fee. Click on that
- Enter your credit card information, and hit submit. You’ll get a thank you for recertifying screen, and the payment receipt will be emailed along with a recertification letter.
If submitting a check or need to submit CE’s
- Print the recertification application form and proceed to completely fill out the application. Credit Card form if you would like to pay with a credit card
- Members Login and print off your recertification information. Go to the Membership tab and click on Profile, print ASATT profile. You must submit a copy of your information regardless of whether or not you have earned CE’s through ASATT sponsored events. Non-Members Submit form with proof of CE's
- Enclose the recertification application form, a copy of your recertification information from the database, proof of the remaining CE’s (if you don’t have the required 20 or 30 CE’s on the database), and correct payment for recertification. If you are mailing your packet after December 31st, be sure to include the late payment fee.
Effective January 1, 2015, an increase went into effect for recertification. The fees are as follows:
Technician level (20 CE’s)
|ASATT Member: $85||After December 31st: $160|
|Non-member: $200||After December 31st: $275|
|ASATT International member: $125||After December 31st: $200|
|Non-member International: $225||After December 31st: $300|
Technologist level (30 CE’s)
|ASATT Member: $100||After December 31st: $175|
|Non-Member: $250||After December 31st: $325|
Applications mailed or postmarked after December 31 must include a $75 late fee. Your application will not be processed unless the correct fees are submitted. Members and non-members alike, who are contacted because of incomplete documentation, will incur an additional $50 fee to complete the processing of their packet. ASATT grants a renewal extension until January 31st, which means we must receive your packet on or before the 31st. If the 31st falls on a Saturday, your packet is due by the end of business on Friday. If the 31st falls on a Sunday, then your packet is due by the end of business on Monday. There will be no exceptions made for packets received after January 31st, unless prior arrangements were made with the recertification committee.
Please keep in mind that if you attended a state society meeting that was not sponsored by ASATT, please be sure that you have all of the correct documentation prior to submitting your application. The state societies should have submitted these programs for prior approval and obtained a code to be printed on your certificate of attendance. Please note that these CE’s will not show up on your database and that copies of registrations to these meetings are not proof of actual attendance.
If you are submitting last minute Sensor quizzes with your recertification packet, they will be graded when they are received by the recertification committee. CE’s are awarded in the year that they are earned. If you plan on filing your packet after December 31st, the quizzes will not be graded until January, which is out of your current cycle and therefore will not count.
*Please note: while ASATT grants you a 30-day extension, your employer may adhere to the expiration date of December 31st. Depending on when you submit your recertification application, the process may take 2 to 6 weeks. Therefore, if your employer requires that you maintain your certification as a job requirement, we suggest that you do not wait until the last minute to submit your information.