ASATT welcomes job postings from any organization that has opportunities that may be of interest to our membership.
How to Post a Job
Complete the ASATT Career Center order form. The message will be posted to the online Career Center.
A single listing is $200 per 30 days. Institutions with ASATT members on staff receive a 25% discount.
* Postings must be submitted in a word document with no images.
2/7/2018 ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN
There’s a bright future waiting for you on California’s beautiful Central Coast
California’s breathtaking natural attractions are not the only stars on the Central Coast. Equally impressive are the top-trained medical professionals at Natividad Medical Center, a 172-bed teaching hospital with a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. When you bring your career to Natividad, you'll join a facility that is affiliated with the University of California San Francisco, with the area's only Life-Flight helicopter service and Trauma Center, as well as one of the County’s first Community Level III NICUs.
We are currently seeking a permanent FT Anesthesia Technician to assist the licensed anesthesia provider with special procedures and provide anesthesia support in routine and complex surgical cases.
Example of duties:
- Perform direct patient care with direct supervision of the anesthesia providers in routine and emergency situations, such as assisting with arterial lines, central lines, fiber optic intubations and regional blocks
- Assist with transport of patients and laboratory specimen as necessary
- Prepare and maintain patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery pre, intra and post anesthesia
- Document and maintain preventative maintenance and quality records
- Perform basic troubleshooting for monitors and equipment and report defective and/or malfunctioning equipment immediately
- Clean, organize, disinfect, order/stock and maintain routine anesthesia equipment, supplies and work room
- Participate in the requisitioning, storing and issuing of supplies and stocking ensuring outdated supplies are discarded and equipment is in working order at all times
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of the following:
- Aseptic and anesthesia techniques and methods used in the assigned specialized area
- Various medical supplies, instruments and equipment used in a medical facility and surgical environment
- Gowning, scrubbing and gloving procedures
- Universal precautions for handling blood and body fluids
- Safety practices, including proper body mechanics to move and lift patients
- Basic nursing care within the scope of practice for a Certified Nursing Assistant and/or Anesthesia Technician
- Methods, procedures and techniques in the decontamination, storage, preparation and sterilization of medical supplies, instruments and equipment
- Procedures and medical terminology for the assigned specialized area
Highly desirable qualifications include completion of a two-year approved American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) Program, Anesthesia Technician Certification (Cer.A.T.) and current ACLS and PALS certifications.
PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Thursday, February 15, 2018, for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be reviewed as needed until the position is filled.
For application materials, contact Natividad Medical Center, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. #300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at http://www.natividad.com. Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadMedicalCenter. EOE/M/F/H/V
1/30/2018 Anesthesia Technology Assistant Program Director/Faculty
Position: Anesthesia Technology Assistant Program Director/Faculty
Where: Oklahoma City Community College, OKC, OK
Job Summary: The Anesthesia Technology Assistant Program Director, under the direction of the Anesthesia Technology Program Director, assists to maintain the anesthesia technology program in compliance with the general policies of Oklahoma City Community College and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Primary responsibilities include collection and maintenance of data and analytics related to accreditation requirements, coordination and supervision of laboratory and simulation schedules, development and revision of laboratory skill modules, maintenance of the simulation laboratory, and initial contact for student issues.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirement:
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Anesthesia Technology or related field awarded by an institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Minimum of three years experience as a certified Anesthesia Technician or Technologist.
- Valid and current certification as an Anesthesia Technologist.
- Prior experience teaching anesthesia technology, either clinically or didactically
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week. Hours will vary between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. based on clinical requirements.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
**For more information or to apply please visit https://www.occcjobs.com/postings/13917
Anesthesia Technician - Hackensack University Medical Center
Hackensack University Medical Center is New Jersey’s largest provider of inpatient and outpatient services, home to some of the healthcare industry’s most talented, compassionate and dedicated professionals. Our commitment to excellence is exemplified by all of our colleagues, and their efforts have earned the medical center numerous national accolades.
The Anesthesia Technician assists the Anesthesiologists with the care of intraoperative patients, through maintenance of equipment and supplies.
The Full Time position is a Night (12a – 8a) - Weekends, Holidays, and On Call required to cover scheduled and emergency cases in the on the Operating Room on weekends.
For more information and how to apply, view the full job post here.
1/22/2018 Anesthesia Technician Supervisor
Anesthesia Technician Supervisor
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Reports to the ACCM Operations Manager and is responsible for supervision and daily operation of Critical Care Technicians and Anesthesia Equipment Specialists, coordinating and providing technical support to providers of anesthetizing locations. Areas of responsibility include, staff supervision, supporting clinical activities, scheduling, time management, payroll, evaluating supply needs and oversee training initiatives such as certification and other educational programs. This position will also assist the Manager in planning, organizing and implementing department measurement tools to monitor and report service assessment and productivity with in Critical Care technicians, Anesthesia Equipment Specialist and manages anesthesia supplies and equipment on a day-to-day basis.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent and some college coursework are required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Coursework in patient care, medical terminology, and business management required on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge: Knowledge of hospital wide policies and all policies and procedures related to anesthesia in OR rooms and critical care technicians required within 6 months of hire. Knowledge of anesthesia supplies and equipment. Principles of work flow processes and operating room procedures required as general professional knowledge.
|Skills: Analytical ability to efficiently supervise the staff in the department. Interpersonal skills needed to maintain effective working relationship with staff and hospital personnel, computer skills as well as PC software, Excel, WordPerfect, etc. Supervisory ability to guide staff in department activities. Ability to maintain records, prepares reports, perform calculations, and communicate instructions to personnel.|
Required Licensure/Certification, etc.: Certification by the American Society of Anesthesia Technicians and Technologists (ASATT) and BLS Certification are required.
Work Experience: Minimum three years working in a lead or supervisory role in healthcare setting.
Machines, Tools, Equipment: Required to operate anesthesia machines and other equipments that belongs to department of anesthesia/related to patient care, computer system. Monitor and maintains equipment maintenance and other related equipment to ensure decontamination standards are maintained.
Shift: 9am to 5:30 pm
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, East Baltimore, MD
Apply online @ https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.